Our Advanced Illness Management (AIM) team provides palliative care in the home. This specialized medical care focuses on relief of pain, symptoms and stress due to serious illness, whatever the diagnosis or stages of illness.
Our AIM team consists of medical professionals trained in palliative care including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers and other support staff. We work closely with the patient’s primary care provider, specialists, and home health care to provide:
- Expert treatment of pain and other symptoms
- Close communication and compassionate care
- Help in navigating the health care system
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family
- Home care coordination and referral
- Additional support services as needed
- Relief from distressing symptoms such as pain, edema, shortness of breath, anxiety and constipation
- An improved ability to carry on with daily life
- An improved ability to tolerate medical treatments
- A better understanding of an illness and choices for medical care
To learn more about this Rockford-area program for yourself or a loved one, please ask your doctor or nurse for an AIM referral or call (815) 971-3730.