The bridge from hospital to home
Mercyhealth Transitional Care Center, located at Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center-Janesville, is a state-licensed, long-term care facility that provides a continuity of health care services for patients who no longer need hospital care but are not yet ready to go home. We provide cost-effective, comprehensive, high-tech, hospital-like medical care to seriously ill adult patients of all ages.
Our team approach to care is based on your functional goals—being able to walk or climb stairs, improve a disability, or participate in more-intensive rehabilitation, for example.
Transitional care services
Since 2003, Mercyhealth Transitional Care Center’s patient satisfaction scores have remained at 97-99% thanks in large part to the comprehensive services we provide. Our entire staff works closely with your doctor to deliver the very best health care possible.
- Case management by a registered nurse
- Rehabilitation six days a week (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Total parenteral nutrition (IV nutrition)
- Enteral therapy (tube feeding)
- Laboratory and imaging services
- Telemetry (remote surveillance of a patient’s vital signs)
- Medication management
- Pain management
- Diabetes education
- Diet management
- Social activities
- Discharge planning
- Hospice respite care
- Weekly beauty and barber services
- Semi-private rooms with a private bath and shower
- Communal dining hall perfect for socialization
To assure the best outcomes possible, our staff supports strong family involvement and encourages family attendance at all care-planning conferences. We encourage outings with family and friends once you have attained functional ability.
Admission to Mercyhealth Transition Care Center requires a doctor’s referral. To learn more about our criteria for admission, talk to your doctor or call us at (608) 756-6050.