Our newest service complements Mercyhealth at Home Hospice’s circle of care that surrounds our patients and their families. Music for the Heart can provide:
- Musical CDs
- Biblical audio recordings
- CD players
- To sing songs
- To play a musical instrument
- To listen to music together
- To interpret song lyrics
- To plan music for memorial services
Music for the Heart’s many benefits for hospice patients
- Reduced feeling of pain or symptoms, thus reducing the need for medications
- Less depression, anxiety, restlessness and agitation
- Spiritual, emotional and grief support
- Less need for other psychological interventions
- Support for family and loved ones of the client
- Comfort in the final stages of life and transition to the next world
We welcome musicians who are willing to volunteer their talents with our hospice patients in their homes or at our Celebration of Life events.
We also welcome monetary donations to purchase audio and music CDs for our Music for the Heart library.
For more information, call the Mercyhealth at Home volunteer coordinator at (608) 754-2201 in Janesville or (815) 971-3550 in Rockford.